Not all big & tall men’s clothing stores are the same. Some offer more appropriate clothes than others, while a few stores may even stock clothes that are just not designed for heavy and tall individuals.
A lot of big men realize that finding the right clothes for them will be a challenge. It’s hard enough to find clothes in the sizes you need. The greater difficulty is in making sure that the clothes you wear actually help you look your best.
So how can you make sure that you always look nice and neat? Here are some simple tips to get you started.
- Look for a tailor who can work with you. A tailor is crucial because a lot of the clothes you buy off the rack will need alterations. The tailor can then make these changes to make your clothes look just right on you. Some of these tailor improvements may seem small and inconsequential, but they can have a huge impact on your overall look.
- What about pants and jeans? Well, most large guys have thicker thighs. To improve the look with a longer silhouette, you can try boot cut (moderate flare) jeans. These balance the look of stockier legs. It’s also better if you go with darker trousers.
- What’s the most important piece of clothing in a big man’s closet? Just as women always need that classic little black dress, for men there will always be a need for a well-fitted suit. This is a must have for any guy, regardless of their size and height. Such a suit will always make him look good, and it’s great for various occasions. You can use it for a date or a job interview.
- Dealing with love handles is a very common problem for large guys, because not all of them are well-muscled. Covering the love handles can be done easily enough. You just need a well-fitted shirt along with a nicely tailored jacket. This covers the love handles without making it seem like you’ve piled on numerous layers of clothing on yourself. This also helps you to give the best impression of yourself to the public.
- For your choice of T-shirts, try a baseball shirt or a raglan T-shirt. It can give you a very complementary look, as it highlights your shoulders and arms. You can also try Western shirts, whether they’re vintage or from a modern brand like Levi’s. Under a jacket, you can try a black V-neck to make your silhouette look longer. You can try this with linen pants for some casual events during the day. At night, you can switch to dark or black jeans for a night out with friends.
- Don’t forget to keep it simple. Always go for light stripes or presentable solid colors instead of complicated graphics and overly busy designs. These complicated designs are too eye-catching. You have to have a balance with more subtle looks.
- Always try to keep your clothes and accessories in proportion to your size. So for you, large-diameter wristwatches are more suitable. Wear shirts with a spread collar. If you need to wear a tie, pick a wider one with a wider tie knot like a full or half Windsor.
Follow these simple guidelines, and shop the looks that will only enhance your staure.